In our business litigation practice, some of our accomplishments include the following:
- Won dismissal of former Miramax president in class action federal case involving allegations against Harvey Weinstein for sexual misconduct and RICO violations.
- Obtained summary judgment dismissal on behalf of a former employee of Knoedler Art Gallery in a high-profile civil RICO litigation in the Southern District of New York involving claims of art fraud.
- Achieved pre-answer, non-monetary dismissal on behalf of two company defendants in complex business dispute in the Eastern District of New York.
- Quashed subpoena on behalf of a hedge fund against Bank of America.
- Obtained favorable settlement on behalf of corporate client accused of violating the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) for alleged failure to maintain an ADA compliant website.
- Obtained favorable settlement for former General Counsel of a title insurance company who was sued in several cases in New York State’s Commercial Division for fraud, breach of fiduciary duty and negligence.
- Secured a non-monetary stipulation of dismissal with prejudice in favor of a major New York financial institution in a federal commercial action.
- Obtained post-trial reduction of a federal jury award for a real estate company based on insufficient evidence.
- Recovered sanctions, including recovery of attorneys’ fees, against an opposing party for discovery violations.
- Secured a five-fold increase for an institutional investor who objected to a federal securities class action settlement plan of allocation.
- Negotiated favorable monetary settlements for a quasi-governmental Canadian agency in federal breach of contract actions.
- Negotiated substantial increase in severance pay outs for multiple former executives of major financial institutions.
The above list includes work performed by Serpe LLC's predecessor law firm.
Both Silvia Serpe and her former law partner were highly responsive, proactive and thoughtful from our very first meeting throughout the entire process. They always dug in to ensure they fully understood my needs, gave me the best opportunity for success and made me feel like their most important client. I highly recommend Silvia, and her team and have the utmost respect for their work and advice!
During a time in my life when it seemed as if the walls were closing in on me, Silvia Serpe settled me down and lifted me up and then skillfully guided me back to a better place. I cannot say enough about the professionalism and compassion displayed in handling me, and my complex case.
From the moment I retained Silvia, I knew that I was in the best hands. She offered exceptional counsel and was always available to take my calls, answer questions, ease concerns and offered me peace of mind throughout the process. She is tough, highly effective, and extremely compassionate. I felt lucky and very confident with her representation.
Silvia and her former law partner helped me through a very emotional multifaceted case. I truly felt they believed in me and my integrity and helped me practice patience through a long, frustrating process. The team was always available, responsive and insightful. They were professional, accommodating, direct, and did a masterful job orchestrating the lawsuit.
Silvia & her former law partner were relentless in their well-researched, well-constructed, and well-delivered presentation of my case. In the end, they were able to get the insurance company to write a check for more money than I ever thought possible. They are smart, direct, available, honest, and compassionate...and they have earned my highest recommendation.
I had the distinct pleasure and privilege to work with and learn from Silvia Serpe. Anytime I am involved in a complicated legal case I seek her guidance, which is indispensable to me and has allowed me to grow professionally.
Silvia's qualifications and knowledge is superior; she does not miss a beat. She is honest and on point with everything and makes you feel comfortable the whole way, regardless of the temperature of the situation.
I met Silvia at the most difficult moment of my life - I was prosecuted by the federal government and the SEC for insider trading. Silvia and her former law partner worked as a team to represent me for both criminal and civil cases with the SEC. They negotiated with the SEC to reduce the size of my fine. During sentencing, Silvia also helped me to negotiate better terms of my supervised release. I highly recommend Silvia for her deep knowledge, compassion, dedication, and willingness to put extra effort to fight for her clients.
From my first meeting to the last interview with the Government, it couldn't have gone better. Silvia and her former law partner were professional and knowledgeable; they prepared me for my meetings with such ease and expertise. They made a very unique experience as pleasant as possible.
Serpe LLC is the Go-To firm for top-shelf legal representation. Ms. Serpe is an excellent attorney and will represent your interests in the most proficient and professional way possible.